Wholly owned subsidiary of Orbis Technologies, Inc
Technical Writer – Industrial
RSI Content Solutions India Pvt. Ltd., a fully owned subsidiary of US based company, Orbis Technologies, Inc. provides Content Management Systems products, platforms and custom software development services and consulting support to companies around the world. RSI has helped over 250 global organizations implement appropriate content management solutions.
RSI is seeking a Software Technical Writer with experience writing assembly, installation, operation and maintenance documentation for physical products for industrial, manufacturing and consumer products companies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Write and update assembly, installation, operation and maintenance documentation for physical products for industrial, manufacturing and consumer products companies.
- Collaborate with Technical Illustrators to create line art to support the procedures you will write.
- Ensure that the documenat are accurate and follow the clearly defined standards.
- Gather code.
- Create new documents as required.
Mandatory Requirements & Qualifications:
5+ years’ experience in technical writing with technical writing being your primary job function.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, journalism, communications or related field.
- Aptitude for understanding mechanical products.
- Experience with researching and gathering relevant technical data from subject matter experts such as engineers, field service personnel, and developers as well as from internal documents such as CAD drawings and design documents.
- Experience using the following applications: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe FrameMaker, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Experience writing documentation using XML and CCMS, such as DITA.
- In-depth knowledge of standards and best practices for writing assembly, installation, operation and maintenance documentation.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and general business communication skills.
- Experience working independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated success working in an environment driven by budget, scope, and deadlines across multiple clients/projects.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
Optional Experience Preferences:
- MadCap Flare
- Articulate 360
Please note, this job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
This position reports to Managing Director – RSI
Work Hours & Location:
This is a full-time, on-site, exempt position with hours of operations from Monday to Friday, between 9:30am to 6pm.
RSI Content Solution India Pvt Ltd,
Purva Primus, 9th Floor,
No 236, Okhiyampettai, Old Mahabalipuram Rd,
Pin code – 600097.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org